What Is A Harney Internship?
- Temporary position with a business to learn and gain valuable work experience.
- Often aligned with student's area of study or career ambitions.
- Mutually agreed upon by the student, supervisor and/or school.
- Supervised by a professional in the field who agrees to mentor an intern for an agreed upon period of time.
- Commonly a part-time position over one academic term (summer, spring, fall or winter) or can extend to multiple terms.
- Intern compensation can be paid or unpaid, or awarded as school credit when requirements are met.
Who Does What?
Internship Program Coordinator
- Coordinate all aspects of students intern placement working closely with schools, students and businesses.
- Upon completion of the internship help businesses and interns evaluate the experience.
- Participate in the internship with an agreed upon schedule, tasks or skills and goals.
- Comply with all school district guidelines and rules for conduct and behavior while on the job site and in transit to and from business location(s).
- Provide the intern with leadership, mentorship, guidance and experience.
- Provide the intern with an introduction to knowledge and skills necessary for the industry.
- Agree to mentor, instruct and guide students in a safe environment.
- Comply with federal and state employment regulations regarding student employees.
View current internships being offered by clicking the INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE button.
STUDENTS interested in an internship opportunity, click the Student Internship Application button and complete the application provided.
BUSINESSES interested in providing an internship opportunity, click the Business Internship Registration button and complete the registration form provided.
For questions about the Harney Internship Program contact Denise Rose at 541 589 0901 or firstname.lastname@example.org.