Biz Harney Opportunity Collaborative exists to help frontier Harney County businesses start, grow and succeed while also helping to build a thriving business environment. This collaborative is a diverse group of partners including business owners, government and nonprofit entities along with Tribal economic development working together to improve Harney County's business opportunity culture.
A focus for Biz Harney is having a pulse on the local business climate, being a hub for resources and opportunities and promoting collaboration among the local business community. Through collaboration, Biz Harney's vision is to help new entrepreneurs and businesses emerge and existing businesses to grow, providing a bright and prosperous future for Harney County.
Projects that Biz Harney are supporting include:
- 'Idea-to-Ownership’ pipeline for entrepreneurs of all ages and demographics. Harney County’s forward thinking, diverse entrepreneurs benefit through increased one-on-one technical assistance, expert business education, and local networking opportunities.
- On the ground 'Idea-to-Ownership' includes two entrepreneurship programs: Burns Paiute Tribe's Indianpreneurship and Mentor Match Youth Entrepreneurship Program.
- Adding capacity and helping coordinate with our business advisors so they can assist potential entrepreneurs and support existing businesses during these difficult times.
- Connecting small businesses with knowledge and resources to sustain and grow their businesses.
- Supporting Spark Collaborative Studios: a budding maker space for small businesses.
- Supporting Spark Mercantile: an online marketplace for Harney County businesses.
- Supporting Shop Harney: A digital gift card program aimed to help stimulate additional business for Harney County small frontier businesses.